Tell me What you Want, Part 2

In a previous post I wrote about The Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) asking students to describe a time when they felt they were engaged and motivated when learning. The points the students mentioned were:
  • Take Me Seriously
  • Challenge Me to Think
  • Nurture My Self-Respect
  • Show Me I Can Make a Difference
  • Let Me Do It My Way
  • Point Me Toward My Goals
  • Make Me Feel Important
  • Build on My Interests
  • Tap My Creativity
  • Bring Out My Best Self
We all want to give students what they want. Since this post,  I have investigated this topic a bit more and created an infographic to show 4 additional elements students value in teachers. Brookfield writes in detail about these, but for the purposes of the infographic, I have only included the main points. If we make an active effort to consider each of these aspects when we are planning lessons, I am sure students will feel the same enthusiasm you feel about the lesson. View here.
 

Comments

Popular Posts

Concept Checking Questions (CCQs)

Instruction Checking Questions (ICQs)

BOPPPS Workshop